We want to give each designer featured on our platform the best possible opportunities to sell. One of the biggest factors in whether someone will buy a product online is the quality of of photography. Photographers will have varying styles and each shoot will have a different focus depending on the brand.
As we host a variety of designers on our site we must make sure that any product photography remains consistent across the platform. Below are recommendations on how to shoot products to maximise sales and compliment other brands.
Womens Clothing Products
Although these example images are cropped, please ensure your shoot images include the full face as we will do any cropping in our own post-production.
Front view of the product should be a straight on pose with natural posed arms.
Side view should be an angle flattering the model.
Rear view should be taken in the same style as the front but at a slight angle.
A standard ghost image is essential for products that will feature in print.
Accessories / Bags
Campaign & Banner Images
These images can be in any location and can be as creative as you like. Where possible the image should be landscape rather than portrait sized.
We require a studio based shoot for product following the recommendations on this page to allow us to maximise any opportunities to utilise our PR connections. Many publications will not accept variations of these requirements although they do like originality (for example, background colour can vary).
Maximise your creativity but please ensure that you have clearance to shoot within these locations. These images should enhance your collection to entice customers, whereas the product photography is essential to show quality and fine detail.
Image Copyright ©
As we want to maximise your publicity, please ensure that you have full licensing to share these images on our platform & can give us clearance to share with media outlets. Be aware, if you have not cleared this your photographer may invoice you at a future date for use outwith your agreement.
We can recommended photographers on request.
- Industry standard model (doesn't need to be signed).
- Keep posing strong and simple and check elongation of the full body. No contorted necks, arms and legs.
- Skin: Good skin preparation (watch for fake tan, dry patches, redness).
- Nails: Clean & uniform length.
- Hair: Watch for fly-away hair on face and clothing (time consuming to rectify in post-production).
- Makeup: correct tone for skin, well blended (watch for varying tone from face to body, blending at neck & ears).
- Clothing: watch for loose threads, creasing, ensure seams are straight, straight zips & belts.
- Lighting: Ensure your lighting is flattering and set correctly for the shoot conditions.
- Ensure your floor space is clean (no dirty marks, foot prints etc).
- Ensure model's footwear is clean and shoot-appropriate (if it will be seen in the images).
- Ensure your chosen backdrop is suitable for the shoot and fits with the overall look of the collection.
Note: Make sure you get hi-res versions of the images. Image dimension should be in the thousands (6000 x 4000 for example). Professional photography is essential for displaying your products to maximise sales and builds trust in your brand.